Minimum Training & Experience:
Graduate from a two or four-year accredited college or university with college level training in environmental science, chemistry, microbiology, water and wastewater or two years’ experience in an environmental laboratory. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. A valid driver’s license is required.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic laboratory skills
- Knowledge of water treatment plant operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to follow directions and perform functions and analysis from written, technical directions
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret environmental regulations
- Ability to respond to emergency situations 24 hours per day
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer services skills.
- Monitors, collects, and performs laboratory analyses on samples for NPDES permit, process control for water treatment plant
- Collects samples at off site locations whenever required
- Maintains field equipment, instrumentation, records for field instruments, maintains quality control/quality assurance
- Troubleshoots supplies and sampling equipment
- Orders supplies and chemicals for laboratory
- Maintains chain of custody and other records for samples
- Prepares bottles and other supplies as needed
- Preforms all other duties as assigned to meet organizational needs.
TOWN OF WINNSBORO
207 NORTH CONGRESS STREET
P.O. BOX 209
WINNSBORO, SC 29180
CLOSING DATE: 11/25/2022 EOE