Director of Public Safety, Town of Winnsboro
Position Category: Public Safety
- Plans, develops, administers and oversees all operations, policies and procedures for all functions of the Public Safety Department; prepares and develops plans and programs to meet future needs of the department.
- Plans departmental operations with respect to personnel, equipment and facilities, and supervises implementation of such plans.
- Ensures the enforcement of all laws with regard to officer safety and protection of all like and property through the dual use of personnel acting as law enforcement officers and fire fighters.
- Supervises all employees of the police and fire services directly through subordinate supervisors. Recruits and maintains a highly trained coop of Volunteer Firefighters. Assumes overall command and responsibility for line and staff functions pertaining to the public safety services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in law enforcement or fire supervision, at least five of which was at the management level; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have successfully completed required courses at the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy and/or Fire Academy, and hold required certifications.
- Must possess a valid S.C. driver’s license.
How to apply:
Candidates are encouraged to apply. Please submit a resume and email of interest to Jennifer Edwards, Human Resources Director at Jennifer.email@example.com. A detailed job description can be found on the Town’s website https://townofwinnsboro.com/career-opportunities.
The Town of Winnsboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.